Greetings Alhambra Family,
This past Sunday we began a 10-week sermon series, Colossians: The Supremacy of Christ in All of Life. Written by the Apostle Paul, Colossians is a short, powerful book — and I want to help you get the most out of it.
Here are four ways:
1. READ IT
Colossians is short enough that you could read it in about 15 minutes. Well worth your time. We also encourage you to read the section being preached on each Sunday in advance to further prepare your hearts. Here is our preaching schedule:
- 4/24/22 – 1:1-14 – Prayer for Being Filled
- 5/1/22 – 1:15-23 – The Supremacy of Christ
- 5/8/22 – 1:24-2:5 – Ministry for Maturity in Christ
- 5/15/22 – 2:6-23 – Walk in Christ, Not Human Philosophies
- 5/22/22 – 3:1-4 – Set Your Mind on Christ
- 5/29/22 – 3:5-17 – Put Off & Put On
- 6/5/22 – 3:18-19 – Christian Marriage
- 6/12/22 – 3:20-21 – Parents and Kids
- 6/19/22 – 3:22-4:1 – Working in Christ
- 6/26/22 – 4:2-18 – The Mission
2. WATCH THE BIBLE PROJECT INTRO VIDEO
These folks do incredible animated work to provide a helpful framework for reading any book of the Bible.
3. DOWNLOAD THE COMPANION STUDY GUIDE
Luke Simmons of Redemption Church Gateway wrote a study guide for individuals or groups to dive deeper into the series. You can download a printable version.
4. STAY CONNECTED
These sermon series are just one part of our church’s ministry, so be sure to check out other ways to experience the life of the church by staying connected to a community group or mid-week fellowship at the church, following us online, and download/turn on push notifications in our mobile app.
– Pastor Wayne