Before service begins, prepare the following items:
- Communion elements – the bread and juice represents Jesus’ body and blood.
- A candle – this signifies Jesus’ life with us.
- Your Bible.
- A journal or piece of paper and a pen for each person in the room.
If you are with others, gather in the same room, be still, and light the candle. Set out communion, but wait to partake until you are prompted by Wayne and Aaron later in the service.
Live Stream Chat
When the live stream begins, we encourage you to join the chat room on Facebook or YouTube and say hello to one another as a form of greeting!
A sacred part of our worship is Generosity, and it is especially important now to care for our church family and community in the midst of crisis! As you prepare for service, click the button below to give online.
During our online service, you’ll be invited to participate in these ways:
Close your eyes together and spend some time in silence. Wait for your body and mind to be present.
Give thanks to Jesus for His presence with us and spend time praying out loud for one another, the church body, and our city.
We will read the following passage aloud during our live stream:
1 Corinthians 13:10-13
10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.
11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.
12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.
13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
Take time to pray and think on the questions below. Write down your answers on a piece of paper, journal, or in the Redemption Alhambra mobile app.
- How have you STRUGGLED to functionally believe and submit to the ultimate authority of Christ as God?
- What are some signs the lord has given you to point you back to or affirm HIS truth?
- What are some ways God has exceeded your categories or labels?